RE: climate change

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 17:00:18 MST

I must modify my statement. Upon further research, I found that this "secret
report" was based on a publicly available book. Climate change is certainly
real. But the "secrecy" of this report is what I found hard to swallow.

Here's what I discovered:

"Inevitable Surprises: Thinking Ahead in a Time of Turbulence" (Gotham
Books)
that includes this scenario. It was written up in Forbes, Economist,
Financial Times, according to GBN:
 http://www.gbn.com/ArticleDisplayServlet.srv?aid=14200

It appears that Schwartz, GBN, and Andrew Marshall have succeeded in
raising the topic's prominence further by having the Pentagon commission
a report on it:
 http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1050857.htm