RE: Positive Transcension 2

From: Peter C. McCluskey (pcm@rahul.net)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:34:45 MST

 ben@goertzel.org (Ben Goertzel) writes:
>No one is done any harm if I voluntarily have my corpse frozen -- yet there
>are a lot of people dead set on taking away my legal right to do so.

 The embalmers and funeral parlors who would otherwise have a better
chance of getting paid to dispose of your corpse aren't harmed by
the competition? If you have trouble seeing such a transparent motivation
for special interest politics, you won't be able to anticipate the
reaction to a benevolent AI.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the