Re: [SL4] AI --> Jobless Economy

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 05:24:09 MST

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 01:06:12 -0800, Samantha Atkins
wrote:

> It is a total let's pretend game. Millions of people
> are out of work
> who are not doing fine and who don't have another
> source of income. I
> suspect it will get worse.

Sure, millions are out of work. Nobody denies that.

What I am suggesting is, that this is not the whole
picture. There is a surprising fact, that the
productivity goes up, not very many new jobs, and not
such a big unemployment, one would therefore expect!

Something must be the reason for such an apparent
paradoxical situation.

There is no paradox, of course. Jobs are left behind by
those, who don't need them anymore, as they use to.

If this is not a(n SL4) shock for economists, I don't
know, what it could be.