RE: Ethics of the Cosmos

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 17:59:54 MST

Of course, in Tegmark's perspective we can only observe one universe in
the multiverse.

However, if we trust our physics and math enough to let us extrapolate
the existence of these other parallel universes, then we should trust it
enough to let us theorize mathematically/statistically about their
probabilistic properties.

-- Ben G

> Even if all possible universes "exist" in Tegmark's sense, this
doesn't
> imply that all possible patterns in universes are equally likely.
This