Re: Article: How Will the Universe End?

From: Keith Henson (hkhenson@rogers.com)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 15:46:29 MST

At 01:24 PM 06/03/04 -0800, Tommy wrote:

>--- Emil Gilliam <emil@emilgilliam.com> wrote:
> >
> > http://slate.msn.com/id/2096491/entry/2096506/
> >
> > How Will the Universe End?
> > A cosmic detective story about the demise of the
> > world, in three parts.
> > By Jim Holt

Thanks Emil, it was interesting enough I passed it on to another mailing list.

>I'm personally surprised you didn't snipe yourself.
>First of all, this article is from Microsoft, one of
>the worst

Ah, Tommy, the article is by the author Jim Holt who writes for The New
Yorker and the New York Times Magazine among others. Try here for a bit of
bio. http://whoisjimholt.com/others.html Authors sell to those who will
pay them, even MS.

The article is a report on the current state of thinking about the really
deep future by people who are at least aware of recent developments. I
wouldn't take it as locked in plan. :-)

Keith Henson