There are few books on AI

From: Daniel Alexandre (bichoverde@sapo.pt)
Date: Sun Mar 07 2004 - 22:26:17 MST

I made some seraches on Amazon.com and found very few general books on AI.
The best I found to have a general view on the subject was "Artificial
Minds" by Stan Franklin
Also "The Society of Mind" by Marvin Minsky ,but than again this late one
seems that hans't lead to anywhere in the last 20 years or so.
I bought also "Reinforcement Learning, an introduction" by Stton and Barto
and found it very deep and difficult to undertsand.
Also, there is Roger Penrose, which doesn't insterest me at all: intelectual
balooney.
And the classic "Artificial Intelligence - A Modern Approach" by Stuart J.
Russell
In my WISHLIST , I have "Artificial Intelligence: A Guide to Intelligent
Systems" by Michael Negnevitsky.
Anyway, we can always search for specific themes like: agents, neural
networks and so on but the reality is that there are very few books on AI.

What are your hints and comments?

-Daniel Alexandre (Portugal)