Re: De-Anthropomorphizing SL3 to SL4.

From: Martin Striz (striz@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 06:52:28 MST

>>>There is no question that currently the epi-genetic information transfer
>>>from generation to generation is much larger than the genetic information
>>>and that prior to chipped rock it was much smaller
>>>
>>>Keith Henson
>>
>>Just out of curiosity, how/where was that quantified?
>
>Both are information. Information is quantified in bits or bytes.
>
>The human or chimpanzee genome is on the order of a G byte.
>
>A thick novel is on the order of a M byte. So by this crude measure, the
>crossover was when culture took 1000 books.
>
>Keith Henson

Ok, sorry. You are using a different definition of epigenetic than I am. I
thought you meant things like chromatin condensation. Those are heritable
epigentic kinds of information.

Martin

Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet
access.
https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/