Re: Singularity Exo-Paleontology

From: Tomaz Kristan (me2icq@icqmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 15:35:39 MST

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:13:35 -0800 (PST), Paul Hughes
wrote:

> When is the earliest possible time in our universe
> that a technological singularity could have occurred?

We have sent molecular oxygen spectral lines in all
directions with the speed of light, a billion or more
years ago. We are still sending them all the time.
We've sent chlorophyll spectral lines at the same time,
and are still sending them now.

Later, there were more peculiar spherical fronts
starting here, sending a message to all directions,
that something might going on here.

They are sings of a possible emerging Singularity.
Especially those newest fronts like TV or RADAR, are
quite strong case for that.

One such an expanding front, is the web content we are
also sending all the time. Including this SL4 mailing
list, carried by very weak EM fluctuations.

Nevertheless, a strong intelligence with some good
instruments, very far from here, might detect the
approaching sister Singularity. Pretty much certain
what to expect and how to deal with her.

We may turn the table and do the same. Listening
everything coming from any direction, starting
immediately after the Singularity. Checking every
photon landed on the outer surface of our Dyson sphere
several or more light years in diameter.

What we are going to see with this advanced SETI,
remains to be seen. A sign of an approaching
Singularity perhaps.