META: Emil Gilliam is acting in his official capacity; please obey list rules

From: Eliezer S. Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 12:50:14 MST

I have asked Yan King Yin not to post to SL4 for one month after violating
Emil Gilliam's recent killthread on "Singularity Realism".

Emil Gilliam is acting in his official capacity as List Sniper. I realize
that List Sniping is not a perfect means of social regulation, but it's
what we have. The rule against discussion of contemporary political
issues is long-standing on SL4. It has costs, yes, but judging from the
chaos I've seen on other mailing lists, it is a *necessary* cost.

B. J. Klein suggests that posters who find their topics killed on SL4
might wish to consider trying the ImmInst.org forums:
  http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=11
or
  http://www.imminst.org/forum/index.php?s=&act=SC&c=1