RE: On the subjective experience of consciousness

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 15:53:58 MST

Jef Allbright wrote:

> Ben Goertzel wrote:
>
> > The third-person account of conscious experience is simpler,
> against the
> > knowledge base of contemporary science
> >
> > Against the knowledge base of mid-21'st centure science,
> > post-Singularity trans-science, etc. -- who knows!
> >

> Yes, I'm looking forward to asynchronous, multi-location, time-shifted,
> overlapping consciousness. Bring it on!

Oh, yes! Ben G. and others (including myself) have expressed a desire for
something like this.

Ben wrote some time back about wanting to have something like 5 simultaneous
instantiations of Ben with different physical and mental attributes, and
different possible future life history developments.

I'm on board with that. Except that 5 is too few for what I have in mind....

Regards,

Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com
mlatorra@nmsu.edu

"For any man to abdicate an interest in science is to walk with open eyes
towards slavery."
-- Jacob Bronowski

Member:
Extropy Institute: www.extropy.org