AI/Singularity panels at Dragoncon, Sept 3-6, Atlanta

From: Dani Eder (danielravennest@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2004 - 11:20:57 MDT

I've been a guest speaker at Dragoncon, a large
science fiction/media convention in Atlanta, for
the past 5 years. I see it as an opportunity to
talk about the future to an interested audience,
and for me it's also been fun, both because I
enjoy public speaking, and guest speakers get to
hang out with the authors and media stars.

If any of you are interested in also being a guest
speaker, the program track directors are always
looking for new and interesting panelists and topics.
There are 3 program tracks at the convention that may
be of interest to this list: Electronic Frontiers,
Robotics, and Space/Science.

I've started talking with Dru Myers, the Space/
Science track director about this year's convention.
I work for Boeing on the Space Station program, so
most of my panels have been on space-related topics,
but I've also done panels on the Singularity and
replicating robot factories.

If any of you are interested, I can either pass on
your info, or you can contact the appropriate
track director yourself at the dragoncon.org
website and provide them with a proposed panel
topic and your biographical info.

Daniel