Re: ethics

From: Bill Hibbard (test@demedici.ssec.wisc.edu)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 05:19:00 MDT

Hi Philip,

I think we've discussed this issue before. Using the
happiness of all humans as AI values equate AI values
with human values. This creates a symbiotic system
that will value non-human sentients because humans do.
But by mediating this care through human values, there
should be no danger to humans caused by conflicts
between human interests and the interests of other
sentients.

Cheers,
Bill