Re: Volitional Morality and Action Judgement

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Thu May 27 2004 - 06:11:49 MDT

Ben Goertzel wrote:

>> Marc Geddes wrote:
>>
>>> You should be aware that many times in the past when my intuition
>>> has come up against the hypothesis of ultra-smart genuies (which I
>>> have taken to calling 'aca-dummies') , the hypothesis of the
>>> ultra-smart genuies always without fail ended up falsified. In a
>>> one-on-one contest between my intution and the thoughts of people
>>> like Eliezer and Ben, I bet on my intuition. I'm confident that my
>>> intution will crush Eliezer and Ben, just like it did all of the
>>> other aca-dummmies that came up against me.
>>
>> Ah, but with Ben you face another who uses intuition! Now you have
>> met your match!
>>
>> -- Eliezer S. Yudkowsky
>
> Pardon the one line response, but ...
>
> MY INTUITION IS BIGGER THAN YOURS IS! ;-)

It's certainly louder.

Just in case anyone else makes the same error, the intent of my reply was
to say Geddes had met his match in Goertzel, not say that both had met
their match in me. The latter sentence would be syntactical, but not
grammatical, as it compares incommensurate quantities.

By all means, fight it out using intuition. Let me know who wins.