RE: The dangers of genuine ignorance (was: Volitional Morality and Action Judgement)

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 05:44:22 MDT

> No, I hadn't heard of Spencer-Brown. Very
> interesting. Oh shit, it looks like someone beat me
> to my 'great idea' by 30 years or more :-( Oh well.
> Found this interesting link:
>
> http://www.enolagaia.com/GSB.html

Marc,

Another interesting LOF-ish direction to go in is to introduce multiple
kinds of distinctions (multiple kinds of parentheses).

I did some tentative work on these multi-parenthesis algebras ("Laws of
Multiboundary Form") in the late 90's, and showed that some of the
important algebras underlying modern physics (Clifford algebras, SL(3),
etc.) can be elegantly derived in this way. But I dropped off the line
of research when I decided to devote most of my time to more practical
AI-ish stuff.

www.goertzel.org/papers/Multi.html

-- Ben G