RE: Volitional Morality and Action Judgement

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 10:33:35 MDT

> Ben Goertzel wrote:
>
> >Wow, the insulting rhetoric from the SIAI "insiders" seems to be
> >escalating considerably of late.
> >

> Eliezer and Michael only - not myself or Tyler. Michael has not
> formally been announced to be a part of SIAI yet, so only one SIAI
> member out of three is being insulting, technically. Only one out of
> three is relatively mild, right?
>
> --
> Michael Anissimov http://www.intelligence.org/
> Advocacy Director, Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence

;-)

OK, I was considering Michael as an "insider" as he was speaking in a
manner that presumed this.

Anyway, I must say, this display of egomania and unpleasantness on the
part of SIAI folks makes me quite glad that SIAI doesn't actually have a
viable approach to creating AGI (so far, anyway...).

Although I know SIAI promises to safely implement my volition for me ...
based on the tendencies displayed in this dialogue, I'm not sure I trust
the organization to do so ;-)

-- Ben G