Re: One or more FAIs??

From: Michael Wilson (mwdestinystar@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 13:20:13 MDT

> Instead of the DB-centric ACID properties that sfotware engineers
> have come to cherish, consider the BASE principles

The previously mentioned technology platform was a layer of a larger
architecture my company built to make realtime MMORPGs actually work,
including making peer-to-peer secure and making the content
distributed. The networking and physics components applied BASE
principles to a level never before seen in the industry, but the core
server cluster could and did stay mainly synchronous with regard to
player data, preventing any sort of irritating state loss or core
inconsistency glitches even under sever failure. While there is some
code from this endeavour I personally find quite relevant to low-level
AI implementation, I raise it as an example of what should be expected
rather than a source of architectural requirements.

 * Michael Wilson

.