RE: About "safe" AGI architecture

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 11:22:31 MDT

Brian: He's right though. The JVM is a C++ program, which may have
pointer errors and the like. Windows, the OS within which the JVM is
sometimes run, is also a C++ program; so is Linux.

Potentially, an AGI written in Java could figure out how to exploit bugs
in the JVM itself, or bugs in Windows or Linux, and thus escape the
"Java sandbox."

-- Ben G

http://www.intelligence.org/