Re: ESSAY: 'Debunking Hippy-Dippy moral philosophy'

From: Yan King Yin (y.k.y@lycos.com)
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 04:28:08 MDT

>Marc Geddes wrote:
>
>> Consider this question: Whose morality was better:
>> Mahatma Gandhi's or Adolph Hitler's?
>
>I prefer Gandhi’s.

Sorry about this, but I must ask what exactly is
"Gandhi's" morality, or Hitler's for that matter.
I think these 2 guys' lives are very complicated.
Someone hated Gandhi enough to have assassinated
him, and there were people sympathetic to Nazism,
including the physicist Heisenburg (sp?), even
to this day.

Simply saying Hitler vs Gandhi does not help clarify
things. It actually makes it worse. "Remain silent,
unless what you say is better than silence."

[snip]

YKY