Re: Fundamentals - was RE: Visualizing muddled volitions

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 18:48:52 MDT

>Whats the rush, or the need to impose? Protect the FUNDAMENTAL condition
>where a sentient is not to be affected unless they choose to be
>affected....if you consider this deeply enough I'm confident that you
>will agree that you would wish the ability to refuse outside change. I
>do think that most will embrace the change, and the change will be
>better, smarter, faster etc...but retain the ability to choose.

Did everyone ignore my examples?
What about an anorexic refusing cure?
Letting people choose for themselves is not always the best thing you can do
for them.

IF the dynamic works perfectly and it really is smarter and more empathic
than you then you should just listen. Unfortunately nothing is perfect, so I
see your concern especially in the first period when we don't know how well
this thing works

mq