Re: qualia, once and for all

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Sun Jun 20 2004 - 00:02:03 MDT

From: "Metaqualia" <metaqualia@mynichi.com>
> There is a lot of variation between individuals as far as the basic level
of
> happiness is concerned. If you look at human beings who are mostly upbeat
> and euphoric they do better in life than those who are always pissed off,
on
> the average, since they have better social skills.

Doing better in what sense? It seems to me that a disproportionate number of
the people who got their places in history for outstanding achievements
weren't particularly euphoric: Newton, Nietzsche, Tolstoi, you can look for
them yourself. Yes, social skills can do things for you, but reality,
performance, truth, what one does still matters.

--David.