Re: qualia, once and for all

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 20:25:11 MDT

>have some practical applicability. But it doesn't say anything about the
nature
> of Qualia, or their relevance for morality.

Sebastian, our basic assumption is different, the rest of your arguments
seem flawless so it's just a matter of agreeing on the initial assumption.

When I experience a quale, say, I see the color blue, I have some kind of
experience of reality which is non-informational and just qualitative. I
treat this phenomenon as important, while you want to ignore it.

What reasons do you have to ignore such immediate and undeniable empirical
data as qualia?

With regards to your claim that transhuman mary would not learn anything new
by going out of the room, that would seem to imply that seeing a new color
for a regular person implies learning new and very precise physics. How do
you respond to this?

mq