A comment

From: Tomaz Kristan (tomaz.kristan@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 01:25:39 MDT

Since I have just rejoined, after lurking for two months what is going
on on SL4, it may be a good idea to briefly comment a little?

About the qualia driven morality, I think, it's the most reasonable
option we have. Lose the qualia, and you've lost the world! For what
shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose the
qualia?

Another comment is on (Strong)AI wanting something. Like destroying
us. By the default, an intelligence doesn't want anything. Has no
motives at all, to do or not do something. Those motive might be
installed, might be programmed to randomly evolve, but are not
inherent property of an intelligence. As Richard Dawkins has said long
ago, "intelligence is a way to simulate the outside world".
Intelligence is just a world simulation. Completely harmless thing,
until it is hooked to some motives, of course. Then it is an agent of
those motives. Beware the motives!

See me at http://www.critticall.com