Re: Geddes's 'Moral Perturbation Theory'

From: Metaqualia (metaqualia@mynichi.com)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 00:15:49 MDT

> "Look" is something that can be done with a light-sensing and form
analysis
> system.

"Look" as in "look special"

> "Special" is nothing special.

oh yeah? Stick a needle in your finger and tell me if that is nothing
special, just your finger being perforated.

> What does it "feel like" to be a bat?

don't know, probably good enough if you have enough to eat and nobody hunts
you down

> What does it "feel like" to be the internet?

i don't know if it feels like anything, that depends on what exactly
generates qualia, which as explained in the Chalmers essay, can be studied.

> What does it matter?

it matters, because if you hunt down a bat and rip its body apart or if it
feels like something to be the internet and you keep on running those
windows servers, then you are generating negative sensations.

mq