Re: "feels good" is inherently meaningful

From: Harvey Newstrom (mail@HarveyNewstrom.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 10:42:30 MDT

Metaqualia writes:

>> "feels good" says we have found some parts of what we consider moral of
>> value (and trained ourselves to "feel good when doing it) and/or
>> become evolutionarily wired to enjoy them. Saying that what we enjoy
>> is per se what is moral puts the cart before the horse. This is why I
>> object to your approach.
>
> the distinction is between this 3rd person knowledge and the qualities of
> the 1st person experiences it generates. I am not interested in the 3rd
> person.

Interesting. This goes back to your theory of qualia. It seems that your
version of "morality" is based on the definition of and existence of qualia.
If people don't accept your concept of qualia, they can't use it to
implement your concept of morality.

 --
Harvey Newstrom, CISSP, CISA, CISM, IAM, IBMCP, GSEC
<HarveyNewstrom.com>