Re: The AIbox

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 13:10:36 MDT

--- Samantha Atkins <samantha@objectent.com> wrote:

> ALARM! The humans are about to figure out that *they* are in a box!
> The simulated universe designed to solve the safe creation of AI is
> failing to produce the desired results..
>
> - samantha

You know, I recall reading on some Singularity-related web page that since possible sim-universes
were so numerous, there is a very high likelihood that we are in one. I'm not sure this is
provable, but it would explain a *lot*.
Results desired by whom, by the way? How do you know they are desirable? This discussion is *all
about* control, and Burroughs said "Control is the ultimate drug." Maybe too much is bad for you.
Hmmm?
Tom Buckner