Re: The AIbox.

From: fudley (fuddley@fastmail.fm)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 10:57:34 MDT

On Jul 1, 2004 Josh Cryer wrote:

> I do not believe that there exist useful things
> that an AI could understand
> which a sufficiently learned human could not.

The corollary to that is that humans have reached the absolute pinnacle
of possible perfection, a rather depressing thought when you think about
it. But I don’t believe it’s true. Already computers understand Chess
better than the best human players and people are not getting any
smarter, in a few years when machines are a couple of trillion times
faster…., well, I’ll leave it to your imagination.

John K Clark