Re: The AIbox

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 00:15:43 MDT

I'll bite. How does the non-sim hypothesis predict our world more
strongly than the sim hypothesis?

Granted we don't have anything handy that seems to be explained better
by the sim notion than otherwise. I do wonder about some of the
strange stuff like "dark matter" though. Maybe it is an artifact of
the sim construction - some aspect that could not be made
self-consistent with the rest within the resources available at a
bearable cost. Hmmm.

Of course that isn't a lot better than the "God of the gaps" sort of
apologetics.

- s