Re: Cognitive Systems Conference, CCortex, and alternative friendliness aproaches

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 05:15:22 MDT

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 05:39:39AM -0500, Bill Hibbard wrote:

> I don't see what you are disagreeing with, as I did not
> say there were any parallels between the technologies.
> The healthy precedent is in the public realization that
> there are weapons that should be controlled.

Talk to those who deal in information and people tracking.
Black budget spook AI is off-radar by default then, though.

However, though these people could sure use it, they
probably won't build it. So it's either ivory tower or industry, or a
collaboration.

Who here thinks it will be a private large-scale project?
Answers to me directly, I'll make a tally.

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl