The time of Quickening! Reality and Morality are mine :)

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 23:59:59 MDT

I've finished a 2nd draft of my
'Libertarian-Transhumanist Philosophical Platform'.
which is hopefully a substantial improvement on the
1st bare-bones effort. This 2nd draft mentions
Eliezer and some of his ideas, so I'd better check it
out with him. I'll post it to my web-site in a few
days time.

I think I now finally understand all of the basic
fundamental principles underlying reality. The news
is that I think I now totally understand what morality
really is. It's all cleared up. Read my summary soon.
 I'll post the summary of my conculusions here in a
few days, and I'm in the process of writing up a much
longer paper.

I've learned much and now I'm starting to rapidly and
recursively self-improve ;)

All of the powers of the Cosmos are gathering. The
sands of destiny swirl faster around all the principle
players in this game. More no mistake, this is the
time of the Quickening. With all the Transhumanist
books and conferences and the major Institutes
starting to get their act together, events are
definitely accelerating quicker than I had
anticipated!

(Incidentally you may be interested in reading my
essay which will be published in Imm Inst's upcoming
book 'The Scientific Conquest of Death'. I'm now
confident that the ideas I developed for the section I
wrote: 'An Introduction to Immortalist Morality' are
actually a correct portion of the full solution to the
Friendliness problem)

I never really fully believed in the Singularity until
now. Now I know it's actually going to happen.

"To seek values is to create values, and the values
created further the task of seeking..."

-Marc Geddes, SL4 quote

=====
                                      - Gen. John Stark