Re: The time of Quickening! Reality and Morality are mine :)

From: Simon Gordon (sim_dizzy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 13:25:34 MDT

 --- Robin Lee Powell <rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org>
wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 05:59:59PM +1200, Marc
> Geddes wrote:
> > I think I now finally understand all of the basic
> fundamental
> > principles underlying reality. The news is that I
> think I now totally
> > understand what morality really is. It's all
> cleared up. Read my
> > summary soon. I'll post the summary of my
> conculusions here in a few
> > days, and I'm in the process of writing up a much
> longer paper.
> >
> > I've learned much and now I'm starting to rapidly
> and recursively
> > self-improve ;)
> >
> > All of the powers of the Cosmos are gathering.
> The sands of destiny
> > swirl faster around all the principle players in
> this game. More no
> > mistake, this is the time of the Quickening.
>
> Holy crap.
>
> And people flame me just for saying that
> Singularitarianism is a
> religion.
>
> Yeesh. I just hope this isn't archived anywhere a
> newbie could see it.
>
> -Robin

A religion is a collective belief system based on
dogma; singularitarianism is an individualised belief
system based on rationality and intuition, therefore
singularitarianism is NOT a religion ;)

But i agree with you Robin, someone needs to
straighten out Marc before he gets sent to the looney
bin. Good comedy value though--if you like seeing
someone descend into the "sands of insanity".

My best advice to you Marc, (having been there before)
is to stop posting to sl4 for at least 2 months, until
the antipsychotics have fully kicked and/or you've had
time to reflect on your current rush of thoughts.

Simon G.