Re: 'The Libertarian-Transhumanist Philosophical Platform'

From: Eugen Leitl (eugen@leitl.org)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 03:38:01 MDT

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 03:38:00AM -0400, Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:

> Do you want to provide a rephrase of this, or point out particular things
> that are misrepresented? Or would you prefer just pulling the entire

I'm going away for two weeks to Iceland tomorrow, but I'll try to
post something here to rectify the misrepresentations.

> segment?

For time being, that would be best.

> (Incidentally, this is from - if I recall correctly - an IRC interview in
> 2002. I provided the response in realtime, a la interview format, hence

I recall a conversation on IRC with you, but no interview. I doubt very much
I said the "" verbatim ("goals" is your lingo, not mine).

In any case you misrepresented stuff I said, and putting it up on a
public-looking website without asking back is poor form.

> the non-notification. Sorry anyway.)

Okay. Try not to do this in future, this is in your own best interest.

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl