Re: All is number

From: Samantha Atkins (sjatkins@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 18:29:36 MDT

The Universe is not math. This looks like a map versus territory
problem to me although that metaphor isn't what I mean either. You
seem to have dismissed my attempts at explaining what I do mean. As
I see it there are two grounds for dismissal. The first is that my
explanation of why math fits the Universe is what people actually mean
by the statement "the Universe is math". The second would be that I
missed something important or that you otherwise did not consider it
reasonable. So which is it? Or am I playing straight woman (who me?)
to Eliezer humor again?

-s