RE: Zuse

From: mike99 (mike99@lascruces.com)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 17:38:34 MDT

Very interesting, Damien. I knew that Edward Fredkin's ideas of CA and
computational physics predated Wolfram (see Fredkin's Digital Philosophy
website http://www.digitalphilosophy.org/digital_philosophy/toc.htm ) but I
hadn't heard of Zuse before. Another, related website worth checking out is
"The Notebook of Philosophy & Physics: We have seen the quantum, and it is
an equation" ( http://www.bottomlayer.com/index.html ).

Congratulations on your forthcoming book. I look forward to reading it.

Regards,

Michael LaTorra

mike99@lascruces.com
mlatorra@nmsu.edu

"For any man to abdicate an interest in science is to walk with open eyes
towards slavery."
-- Jacob Bronowski

"Experiences only look special from the inside of the system."
-- Eugen Leitl

Member:
Extropy Institute: www.extropy.org
World Transhumanist Association: www.transhumanism.org