Re: The fundamental principles of reality: Can most people actually handle the truth?

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 02:44:40 MDT

 --- Thomas Buckner <tcbevolver@yahoo.com> wrote:

> You must mean 'naivete'. I don't use
> spell-checkers much because they're context-dumb.
> I have had the same thought.

Yeah sorry. 'naivete' was the speeling I was looking
for ;)

> Where we stand now, as I see it:

fascist/oligarchist/klepto-theo-cratic/choose-yer-own-word
> clique has taken over the United States and other
> nations.

Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration may be, but to
some extent I have to agree with you yes.

 Soon it will have surveillance
> capability, etc. to crush any resistance. 1984
> forever, or until we're extinct (50% chance by
> 2100 AD according to Sir Martin Rees). Chances
> are good that only a SAI can head off this
> dictatorship, and save our asses, if that's what
> it wants. The mob will arrive 5 min. after the
> fascists (or other demagogues) figure this out.
> I've written about a tenth of a novel about a
> sandboxed FAI taking on the repressive State for
> all the marbles. Wonder if I should delete it?
> What you think?
> Tom Buckner

I think we need to organize and get our asses to a
place where we have friends.

The one thing that's likely to trip up Sing Inst is
their over emphasis on 'altruism'. Most of the people
who run around being 'altruistic' get a knife in the
back for their troubles. Altruism is gonna be Eli's
down-fall if he's not careful. Because the Sing Int
guys are so benign I think they tend to make the
mistake of thinking that other people are more benign
than they actually are. Let me quote Hollington:

"A lesson which many gifted persons never learn as
long as they live is that human beings in general are
inherently very different from themselves in thought,
in action, in general intention, and in interests.
MANY A REFORMER HAS DIED AT THE HANDS OF A MOB WHICH
HE WAS TRYING TO IMPROVE in the belief that other
human beings can and should enjoy what he enjoys"

I don't make that mistake. That's why I've offically
signed on for 'The Free State Project' in New
Hamphire, and am looking to head over there some time
in the next few years. Check out my public statement
here:

http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=7657

I want to built up my own 'network' of allies and
surround myself with a Libertarian 'Wall of Steel'
before the shit hits the fan (and it WILL hit the fan
- you shouldn't kid yoursleves about that). The
imagine of the FSP 'Porcupine' is a good one:

"The porcupine signifies a cute and cuddly creature
which one is advised to avoid stepping on. This is
meant to imply that the FSP is friendly and
non-aggressive, but wants to be left alone and will
defend itself if attacked."

*Marc puts on his Arnold Schwarzenegger voice*

"Come with me if you want to live..."

=====
                                      - Gen. John Stark

"The Universe...or nothing!"