Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: fatherjohn@club-corsica.com
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 05:23:43 MDT

Selon Emil Gilliam <emil@emilgilliam.com>:

| On Aug 28, 2004, at 8:19 PM, fatherjohn@club-corsica.com
| wrote:
|
| > One safeguard that might be tried is to make sure that
| any AI has a
| > very limited connection to the "real world" perhaps
| just one computer
| > screen and a keyboard. That way the computer won't
| just grow out of
| > control.
| >

| I wonder why nobody ever thought of that before? Oh, wait
|
| http://yudkowsky.net/essays/aibox.html
| http://sl4.org/bin/wiki.pl?AI_Jail
|
| Please review the SL4 archives, in at least enough detail
| to know which
| subjects have already been argued to death. These pages
| may be useful:
|
| http://sl4.org/bin/wiki.pl?DeadHorse
| http://sl4.org/bin/wiki.pl?CategorizedSL4Archive
|
| - Emil

Sorry bucko. I looked at the archives AFTER I made that post.
Anyway, I have a hundred bucks that says nobody pretending to be AI
could convince me to "let them out of the box." My AIM identity is
hamna55. Feel free to msg me.

Etes vous prêt : http://www.club-corsica.com
Le 1er quotidien d'infos Corse sur le net