Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: Eliezer Yudkowsky (sentience@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 15:05:45 MDT

Eliezer Yudkowsky wrote:

> It yet continues to amaze me that, even after reading the results of the
> last two tests, people are still so confident. Come on, isn't there
> anyone besides me who wants to give this a try? Think of the damage to
> my mystique if someone else succeeded!

Okay, two people got this wrong. So to clarify: I'm no longer accepting
challenges for AI-Box experiments unless someone offers to pay a serious
sum of money. Otherwise it's not worth the clock ticks. However, if
anyone else out there is willing to accept challenges, please go ahead and
take their money. C'mon, show that Eliezer isn't the only one who can do it!