Re: META: Dangers of Superintelligence

From: fatherjohn@club-corsica.com
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 02:13:33 MDT

| In essence, you are asserting or assuming that you can
| force the entire
| universe to limit itself to game mechanics selected by
| you when it is
| convenient for your theory. As a minor cog in the
| universe, this is
| certainly not the case. In the game you want to play,
| there are no
| rules other than those intrinsic to the universe.

I'm doing what any other intelligent person does in reasoning about
the universe. Yes, it's possible that one of my assumptions is
incorrect, but the same is true about any other attempt to reason
about the universe. Let's debate the assumptions themselves rather
than repeat the tired Socratic cliche that nobody knows anything about
anything, ok?

(For the same reason, the "cheating at tictactoe" arguments are
fatally flawed.)

Etes vous prêt : http://www.club-corsica.com
Le 1er quotidien d'infos Corse sur le net