Re: Human mind not Turing computable according to Eliezer?

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 17:06:44 MDT

--- Eliezer Yudkowsky <sentience@pobox.com>
wrote:

> The notion of timeless physics is explained at
> length (and *extremely*
> attractively, in my humble nonphysicist's
> opinion) in Julian Barbour's "The
> End of Time".

Fully agreed. I regard his ideas as an essential
ingredient of any good 'theory of everything.' If
I were about 10x smarter I would take Barbour,
Tegmark, Rees, Wolfram, Hofstadter, etc. and
figure out how they fit together. I get the
feeling that I can just barely glimpse the
outlines, like a caveman watching an airplane.

Tom Buckner