Calculemus

From: Christian Szegedy (szegedy@t-online.de)
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 14:29:31 MST

I have found an interesting resource on the internet.

There are recent directions to unify computer-algebra
systems with theorem-provers. The calculemus project
which is a loosley couple network of several separate
research groups have received significant EU grants:

http://www.calculemus.net/

Altough AI is not explicitely mentioned on those pages,
I strongly believe that mathematical deduction and
mathematical optimization could be the cornerstones
of an efficient AI architecture on current hardware,
so unifying them sounds to be very promising.
Moreover, the financial success of general-purpose
optimization and computer-algebra tools could give
the necessary boost for a sustainable developer-base.