Re: META: Memes and War [was: Tomorrow is a new day]

From: David Picon Alvarez (eleuteri@myrealbox.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 01:36:06 MST

> This might work out, but I am not entirely comfortable with it.
"Rational"
> sounds good, but as we all know, "rational" does not cut it with the
> prisoner's dilemma game.

As we all know? Considering you're the one ranting on evolution, haven't you
heard of the "evolution of altruism" and such? Prisoner's dilemmas are
analyzable by game theory and rational tools.

As an aside note, a better algorithm than the typical tit-for-tat has been
found a while ago, but you probably know about it already, although IMO the
new algorithm is against the spirit of the thing.

--David.