RE: Acceptance ...

From: Aikin, Robert (raikin@velaw.com)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2004 - 14:11:36 MST

Toward the end of a dozen wasted years studying Torah, I put the
following question to a trusted friend (who happens to be an 'orthodox'
rabbi): Could an artificial intelligence demonstrate the existence of
Hashem (G-d)? Answer: It will be the first thing it proves. Of course,
his answer was biased;-)

Machine Intelligence will be in a superior position to debunk organized
religion (or to point out philosophical and/or psychological 'truths'
beneath the dung heap of dogmas), and will be more likely to solve the
problem of time travel within the multiverse (it's not an issue of
hope).

Best,
Robert