Re: Cryonics

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 2004 - 10:01:40 MST

--- Dani Eder <danielravennest@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Let me try to be clearer - I'm not suggesting
> the
> patients are stored at Antarctic temps. I'm
> suggesting
> the LN2 will last longer in Antarctica than
> Riverside,
> CA (where Alcor is now).

Yes, I thought that was obvious. Incidentally, a
major problem of cryo is frost damage to cells
and organs, and perhaps 'natural antifreeze' such
as some Antarctic fish have might prove helpful
(i.e. decay halted through supercooling without
ice crystal formation).

However IMHO we'll have SAI before any radical
improvements in cryo techniques. It's the same
story with my (and other people's) ideas about
randomly choosing people for government offices
instead of electing them. SAI will prob. happen
first and obviate the whole subject.

No more posts from me on cryo in this forum.

Tom Buckner