RE: What are qualia...

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2005 - 14:51:01 MST

I suppose the subjectivist point of view does NOT explain why and blue mix
to give violet, in any simple way

On the other hand, the empiricist point of view doesn't (so far as I know)
explain why regular meditation very often leads to a combination of
compassion for all beings with insight into the fundamental unreality of all
things.... Maybe it will be able to explain this eventually, but it doesn't
right now...

Different perspectives have different strengths...

-- Ben G