RE: FAI (aka 'Reality Hacking') - A list of all my proposed guesses (aka 'hacks')

From: Ben Goertzel (ben@goertzel.org)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 11:20:19 MST

> I'm curious: what aspects of AIXI do you see as being potentially
> useful for practical AI?

AIXI is an unfettered search through program space (in AIXItl, the search is
restricted only by program size and runtime restrictions)

GP for instance is a similar search, but with a stochastic bias that
decreases resource utilization and also decreases intelligence

The human brain implicitly does searches thru program space, but with VERY
STRONG experience-based biases

A nanotech-supercomputer will be able to search through program space in a
way much less experience-biased than the human brain, much less stupid than
current GP, and yet of course still not as freely wide-ranging as AIXItl ...

The question is, what kinds of new approaches for searching program space
will a nanotech-supercomputer be able to use, which are not accessible to
beings in our intelligence-category.... Maybe there is something else
besides human-style
narrow-biasing-based-on-experience-and-linguistically-transmitted-knowledge,
and AIXItl-style search-everything...

-- Ben