Re: Ethics

From: Maru Dubshinki (marudubshinki@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 19:52:30 MST

Here hear! An excellent defence of demarchy. But what I find to be
the nicest thing
about the whole conception (besides stopping most corrupt political
games; and the fact that by sheer chance most decisions would probably
be made by lower and middle-class people, the ones who, y'know, will
actually have to live with the choices gov.'t makes, and are not able
to scoot off to the Bahamas or to gated communities) is the procedural
elegance of it.
Think about it: what is the easiest procedure to follow and verify?
A massive, nation-wide election, with countless polling place, private
companies sticking their fingers in, manipulatively or not; or a
simple drawing from a set of names?
And Buckner, your analogy is a little off: sure worms have often
patched security holes, but a better analogy would be a hacker
installing a rootkit.

~Maru