NEWS: CNN on Kurzweil

From: Aaron McBride (aaron@apejet.org)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 09:16:41 MST

Doesn't quite go as far as the Singularity, but an SL2 article on CNN is
pretty good I guess.

This quote by Silver is pretty funny: "I think it would require a change
in human nature," Silver said, "and I don't think people want to do
that." To actually believe that, he must think that he wants to be a
jerk in the future. People are always talking down about other people,
but in reality, we all have pretty much the same hardware. He must
think he is a jerk, and wouldn't change himself even if he could. The
vast majority of people would want to improve themselves, and they see
altruism as a positive attribute.

-Aaron