Re: About the changing one's mind thing.

From: Thomas Buckner (tcbevolver@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 19:36:30 MST

--- Robin Lee Powell
<rlpowell@digitalkingdom.org> wrote:

> FWIW, if Eliezer *didn't* regularily change his
> mind, I likely would
> not give him money.
>
> He's working on something that Has Never Been
> Done Before (tm). It
> seems to me that mental flexibility is the most
> important asset one
> can have in this case.
>
> Bitching him out for changing his mind a lot
> seems to me like
> bitching Edison out for trying more than one
> lightbulb design.
>
> -Robin

Agreed. I was not bitching him out, but
mentioning something that was said weeks or
months ago, and it had lingered in the back of my
head. If you read what I said, it's
complimentary, and not very different from what
you say now.
And when you come right down to it, Eliezer
doesn't need to explain himself to the world,
only to those he's actually working with (which
may be construed to include competitors who need
to be convinced not to do something
world-killingly dumb).

Tom Buckner