intellectual property (Re: Totalitarian Assumptions in I, Robot)

From: Phil Goetz (philgoetz@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 21 2005 - 11:10:30 MST

--- Thomas Buckner <tcbevolver@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Monsanto sues
> farmers for keeping seeds (standard farming
> practice for the last ten thousand years, for
> god's sake!)

Those farmers were told when they bought the seeds
that they could NOT keep and sell the next year's
seeds.

I don't understand how intelligent people can
be opposed to intellectual property. I don't
know whether that's an SL4 topic or not.
The notion of abolishing intellectual property
is maybe SL3?

- Phil