Re: My top-down strategy is now 100% complete.

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 23:54:24 MST

Tennessee Leeuwenburg said>>>

>I saw immediate parallels between the
>inductive/deductive dichotomy
>which you identified in your philosophy, and the
>Intuition/Formal
>System dichotomy which I identify in mine.

Sorry, my ideas have nothing in common with yours. A
vague fuzzy idea like what you had does not make a
theory. People on SL4 have flamed me enough times in
the past for blurting out vague fuzzy ideas here.

My inductive/deductive division is not a 'Dialectic'
like your intuition/reason. Instead it's a synergy.
I hopefully clarified this in my previous post: I have
two systems of reasoning: one for reasoning about
morals/values/agents, the other for reasoning about
physics/inanimate things. But both are systems of
reasoning. Just in cazse you're interested, here are
some more of the synergistic pairs in my theory:

Heath-Happiness
Altruism-Growth
Eudaimonia-Volition
Explanation-Perception