Re: My top-down strategy is now 100% complete.

From: Marc Geddes (marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: Fri Mar 18 2005 - 00:50:57 MST

 --- Marc Geddes <marc_geddes@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
> --- Tennessee Leeuwenburg
> <tennessee@tennessee.id.au>
> wrote:

> > You clearly regard moral laws as the exclusive
> > domain on the non-linear
> > mode you identify,
>
> Not at all! Don't forget the recursive nature of my
> idea! I had meant for there to be many different
> *kinds* (levels) of inductive. Only from the point
> of
> view of the highest level of coarse graining is
> moral
> reasoning inductive. I am talking about many
> different levels of organization here O.K? I think
> only high level reasoning about morality is
> inductive.
> Lower levels of reasoning about morality involve
> linear deduction as well.

Yikes. Correction. In my model it is the *deductive*
mode of thought that dominates moral reasoning. (At
the highest level of coarse graining of the mind
morality is *deductive*). The *inductive* non-linear
mode dominates physics reasoning (At the highest level
of coarse graining of the mind physics reasoning is *inductive*).

---
THE BRAIN is wider than the sky,
  For, put them side by side,
The one the other will include